Sunday, April 11, 2010

red chests and blue eggs

I woke up this morning to slivers of springtime sun coming in through my blinds. They shone on my eyelids and urged me to get up and enjoy the day. I got up and tried , but then I remembered reality and had to face it too, bringing my mood from neutral to down. On top of dealing with life itself, I had to take some medication/vaccine for my trip to Mexico in May. You had to mix powder into a glass of water, and apparently the powder hadn't been mixed properly and it made me gag, gag and gag again. I also had to abstain from eating an hour before and after - talk about a bad experience.


However, spring still caught up with me and lifted my mood. My room is on the corner of my house, so I've got two walls of windows. I put my bed in the corner so that I can feel surrounded by the light and air that can come through them. I opened my blinds and saw the green budding on the trees, I saw the robin resting on my neighbour's roof, and I saw the sun make everything alive again.




I love spring. Spring makes me cheerful, excited. Spring means summer is coming, which makes me even happier. I'll take any reason to make me happier these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments make me smile nice and wide ♥