Sunday, December 6, 2009

If we don't smile.


"I hate that," she said.
"I don't mind it," I replied.
"I love this," I said.
"I can't stand it," she replied.


"I guess that's the difference between you and I."
The difference.
It's like black versus white,
a contrast so simple yet so deep
it's not something I can look past,
not something she can look past either.
She can't look past anything,

I try to tell her, to let her know
that if we don't smile,
we've got nothing left.
But apparently,
she would settle for nothing.

-
One of the things I hate most , is those who don't smile. Those negative many who focus on things they hate, rather than things they love. Those people who will let little things bug them, rather than let them make their day. Those who do nothing but bring you down...


2 comments:

  1. Oh, I know what you mean!
    Don't worry about those,
    you keep on smiling, yeah :)
    Happiness if contagious, I think.
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess some people have a tendency to focus on the things they hate because they're always trying to figure out how to transform them into things they'll love.

    ReplyDelete

your comments make me smile nice and wide ♥