Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Tiny bits of nothing
Slip through the crevices of my fingers.
I suppose if catching them were easier,
Happiness would be the norm.
Tears of failure would be a thing of the past,
A thing of myths and children’s stories;
Shoved away with all the fairies and sprites.
Though I can’t help but wish
That I could tie the ends together.
They are too petite,
too delicate to twist the right way.
And so they remain,
The loose ends are inevitably there,
Simply there,
Patiently awaiting your next attempt,
To finally make things right.

--

I've been reluctant to post some of my ACTUAL poetry on here, due to the whole "you can never trust the internet" stuff. So, to ease my mind im just going to throw it out there that this poem is one hundred percent copyrighted to me, Katia E, December 9th 2009.

:)

4 comments:

  1. hey, you have a blogger tag awaiting on my blog :)

    enjoy. catherine, xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first few lines really struck with their truth. That's the beauty of words, how true they can be.

    P.S. I don't see the tag...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, crap, I pressed "Save as" instead of publish.. ILL FIX THAT :) !

    ReplyDelete

your comments make me smile nice and wide ♥