Saturday, January 30, 2010

Life through the Lens

You know how they say that men think with their you-know-whats? Well, I'm convinced that I think with my camera.

When it comes to questions like: "What should I wear today?"
or "How should I style my hair?"
or even "Should I buy this bedding for my room?"
Behind all the "I love this" and "This would go well with that" thoughts, there are the "Oh, My, God. This would look amaaazing in a photograph" thoughts.


Not only that, if I am somewhere without my camera and I see a potential photo I become SO frustrated that I can't capture the moment. Problem? Yes, because I see potential photos all over. I probably should get into the habit of taking my camera with me on excursions, but I'm still a bit shy about taking it out in public. I should probably work on that!

Here's a bracelet that my friend Kami gave me for my birthday, isn't it KIND of gorgeous? In real life the pink tones are a bit more pronounced, but it's lovely all the same. Kami just graduated from her semester of science school @ the Ontario Science Center. SO PROUD! So here's a shout out cuz I know she reads this.... I hope! ♥♥

6 comments:

  1. I think you and I share the whole "seeing in photos thing" in common. I am the exact same way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bracelet is so pretty! And you really should bring your camera out in public, I would love to see the photos that result!

    - http://theglitterchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous bracelet! You know what, I am exactly the same! I rarely use my camera in public due to my shyness. And then of course, knowning my luck, an amazing photo moment arises!
    And I must admit, I often think with my camera too. Not to the extent of selecting bedding (hehe) but my current bed covers don't exactly look that pretty in photos, so maybe I should think more with my camera :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you like it so much! Don't be shy about the camera: just take photos (but don't look like a creeper) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thought I would come and say hello and check out your blog - and I love it! Life is a constant photograph and I am always looking and in awe with folk like you who can capture it so beautifully. I have added your blog as a link so I can keep admiring ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute bracelet!


    lovelove, M.
    http://marissaexplains.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

your comments make me smile nice and wide ♥