Thursday, January 21, 2010

Where did it go?

Is there no more room for friendship in this society?
And I don't mean those people,
the one's in the hallways at school that you give fluffy hugs to.
I mean the real friends.
The ones you don't need to give hugs to, they know you're their friend either way.
(Although hugs are still nice)
I mean the ones that will take time out of their busy lives for you,
Time to give you a call, and strike up a conversation.
More than a hello as you pass by,
More than simply "polite".

I feel like the real concept of friendship has gotten lost somewhere in the chaos of this city life. I really wish I could pull it back out and experience it.

1 comment:

  1. It's one of the greatest wonders of the world. And for those who seek it, the chaos can be hard to deal with. It's like you're holding onto something, a dream while everyone around you is bumping into you and everyday you almost drop it on accident.

    ReplyDelete

your comments make me smile nice and wide ♥