Monday, November 16, 2009

"DBC"

This weekend, I went through DBC in NYC.
DBC is a thing I like to call - Dancing Boot Camp
Except, it didn't happen in NYC - but in Massachusetts, it just sounded much cooler to say DBC and NYC together.
I'm sure you're scratching your heads a tinsy bit right about now, and if not, then I've sure you've got it at least half wrong. I was on a school trip to New York city and Massachusetts, to perform in a SHOW CHOIR festival!
In case you don't know, show choir is a group of people who sing, then dance to the music they're singing. Think Glee!
Thing is, my school's show choir is the only one in all of Ontario! Unfortunately, that means that it's not taken very seriously - and many of our members think it's a joke. Which means, that when we performed and took place in the learning of a song and dance in two days, boot camp style, we were all quite taken aback by the seriousness of the event.
I even compared the two days to the 9 day canoe trip I did this summer - just without the bugs and the mud! Why? Because you're pushed past your limit physically and mentally, you want nothing more than to just give up, go home, and sleep in your own bed. But you can't. You HAVE to go through it, there is literally no way out. Unless you hurt yourself, but thankfully that's not something many of us have the guts to do on purpose, and nobody did by accident either!
Either way, it turns out to be a fantastic experience, despite the hardships and the fact that I don't think I will ever want to do it again. Oh well.
New York on the other hand, that was great! We got to see a Broadway musical called "In the Heights" which was really well done, and I went (with my mandatory group of four,) to a restaurant called "Stardust" in Times Square where the waitresses and waiters sing songs. Being a highly musical group, of course we all sang along. It was magical.

2 comments:

  1. Glee and NYC in the same blog post. I think that's perfection.
    P.S. Sorry I responded late. Word verification never loads right on my computer so leaving a comment takes a while and sometimes it doesn't go through at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes I agree with Some Girl!
    New York sounds amazing,
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

your comments make me smile nice and wide ♥