Monday, February 15, 2010

Love Love Love

Due to Valentine's day, I was in a "love is in the air" kind of mood, so I watched this ADORABLE mockumentary/film/documentary movie. Charlyne Yi, the main character/person (I don't even know what to call her, as it seems to be a story and documentary all at once) is awkward in a Juno way but with a less obvious charm. She goes around the states trying to find out what love is. Aside from the awkwardness, some of the things said in the movie really stuck with me.
“Love is a chemical reaction in your brain versus the heart. We feel this euphoria… Somehow there is a little bit of magic in it too.”

“We’re not a very patient society so if something goes wrong, and there’s no quick fix, they give up. If you can hang in there, it just gets better.”
*quotes might not be exact
If you like movies with deeper meaning and that don't follow the typical structure of a straight-running plot, then I seriously suggest this one!
My Valentine's Day this year was my first with a date! Felipe and I spent the day together, starting by making an omelette for lunch (cooking seems to be a reocurring theme in our dates hmm), played Super Smash Bros with my little brother, exchanged gifts then headed off to see Dear John.
My goodness, it was not a very good movie for us to see, although the movie itself was beautiful. It brought up a lot of things we can relate to, so it was a very emotional film for us. If you're in the mood to cry at movies then surely this is the movie for you! It was amazing. We then went to sugar mountain and filled up bags of our favourite candies (chocolate covered espresso beans!) then headed home to play a game of scrabble by the fireplace. It was a fantastic, romantic day.
I hope everyones' Valentine's Day/Single's Awareness Day went well ! ♥

3 comments:

  1. Ah I enjoyed Paper Heart, the soundtrack was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I stayed inside on Valentine's day I did have a nice day. I liked your post and it seems like you had a great day too!

    ReplyDelete

your comments make me smile nice and wide ♥