Friday, February 19, 2010

Time


If you think really hard about it, the idea of Time is so abstract. Aside from the obvious lapse of Time between sunrise and sunset, Time seems to be an invention, something set by circular devices functioning by the rotation of a large arrow and a smaller arrow. Our watches and clocks - these run our lives, these have so much power over us and we don't even realise it.

We all wake up at what we deem an appropriate Time. This Time is decided by watches and clocks, which in theory are all set to the same Time. Without these, my eight o'clock might be your six in the morning, and my lunch Time might be your midnight. Without our watches and clocks, our world would run very differently.

What if people would Time important meetings at "sunrise"? Patience would be a necessity, because without a set Time, sunrise is unpredictable. Time would be a guessing game, it would be up to us. Without clocks and watches and calendars and the works, our control over Time might up a notch. I think I'd like that....

3 comments:

  1. Wow, nice way of putting it.
    :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's like you extracted my thoughts and put them here. I love time and thinking about and wrestling with the way it's measured. I love the days with minutes that hang in the air and seconds that float.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I really like this post...really made me think :).
    And love the photo too.
    x.

    ReplyDelete

your comments make me smile nice and wide ♥