Thursday, February 4, 2010

Out of the Box

This semester brought not only end to chem class and all it's horridness (no offense chem lovers!), but the start of my art courses. I switched schools this year in order to take part in an arts program that is available at this one, and Ive been excited and nervous to start! I've been worried that I my skills won't be up to par to those the other students have developed after years of being in the program.
Today I recieved my first asignment - to create a 3D, abstract sculpture out of ONE singular gift bag. We are allowed to use any kind of string or cardboard or rope that comes on the gift back, anything! But nothing else, no paints or markers or ribbons that did not come on the bag itself. Other than that, no limitations!

I feel like I am on project runway but for art class - have you seen the episodes where they make clothes out of grocery store finds and veggies and the like? It's amazing! Compared to feeling creatively stubbed at my last school, I'm being so pushed and encouraged to be creative that it's such an amazing feeling. I'm over the moon today!

2 comments:

  1. Sadly I lack any artistic skill but your enthusiasm makes me want to go out and do something creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm itching to change my schedule to incorporate more art classes. I think that would make me so happy. Have fun with yours!

    ReplyDelete

your comments make me smile nice and wide ♥